We think that you know that leaks can be damaging, but we don’t think you know how much damage they can cause. So, we’ve compiled some facts about leaks that you’ll find quite informative. Here goes…
- Leaks in the average home can add up to 10,000 gallons each year, which is almost equivalent to the water needed for 270 loads of laundry.
- Leaks across the nation can total to over 1 trillion gallons, which is equivalent to the water use of over a million households.
- If your household’s leaky faucets drips at one drip per second, about 3,000 gallons can be wasted annually and that equivalent to about 180 showers.
- Toilet flappers, leaky faucets and valves are commonly found in homes.
- 10% of homes have leaks that cause 90 gallons of water to go to waste daily.
- 10% of a water bill can be reduced when homeowners fix their water leaks.
- Most leak repairs aren’t a pricey investment. They’re usually quite quick and cheap to fix.
That’s a few stuff about leaking fixtures in your home that you should know! Don’t wait any longer. Contact the professionals if you have plumbing problems like these and more. We’ve got experienced and affordable plumbers in Ottawa. With just one call, we can help you solve your plumbing needs and offer you emergency plumbing services.