Boy, oh boy does your bathroom have to take some pressure in the summer! You’ve got the neighbors coming over, your kid’s schoolmates, your kids themselves – everything. You don’t want people having the experience of an unsightly or malfunctioning bathroom. Drains and toilets seem to get clogged constantly and leaks seem to be happening right under your nose but still go unnoticed. You need to ensure that you maintain your bathroom and your home so that they do not accumulate insects, mold or mildew, among other things.
Remember to do these things so you and your visitors can use the bathroom and enjoy an incident-free summer!
- Repair Leaks Immediately! When you see a leak, deal with it right away! A leaky faucet can snowball into a huge problem if you don’t check it out soon.
- Unclog Your Drains! You know your drain is probably clogged when it takes forever for it to drain. Whether it is the drain in your sink, shower or bathtub, it’s a good idea to give it immediate attention. A peculiar fact is that in summer, people tend to lose more hair than they do in the winter, causing more drain clogging, not to mention the oily buildup from using more lotions and sunscreen during the summer – bad combo!
- Dry It Up! Dry up and clean up your sinks, shower and bathtub to keep it looking presentable and also to keep it from harboring the growth of mold and mildew.
- Keep Ventilated! Improper ventilation is a definite cause of mildew growth. Always remember to use a fan or open a window to reduce the buildup of moisture in your bathroom.
- Avoid Hair in Drains! Get a drain strainer installed. That way you can prevent the buildup of hair and other debris in your drain.
- Keep Ants Out Of Your Sink! Keeping your drains and the areas around your sink, will prevent ants and other critters from coming to visit your sink. Many times, it is the hair, dirt and other debris that causes food to get stuck in the drain, attracting ants.
- Toilet Train Your Children! Take as much opportunities as you can to teach your children about proper and sanitary toilet use. Remind them to call for the help of an adult if they have any problems while using the toilet.
You can probably take care of these simple summer matters by yourself, but the best way to deal with other, bigger types of plumbing problem is to contact your local plumbing company – like us! We’ve got experienced and affordable plumbers in Ottawa. With just one call, we can help you solve your plumbing needs and offer you emergency plumbing services.