There are a lot of things that homeowners do that are actually pretty unsafe for their entire plumbing system. You may not know it, but you’re damaging your system and yes, it may look harmless now, but in the future it’ll cause you to have to spend so much time and money repairing the damage, that you’ll be filled with regrets. Let’s try to avoid that!
We’ll give you some of the Dos and DON’Ts of the plumbing world. Try to follow them to save yourself the trouble.
- Run boiling or very hot water down your kitchen sink, and then fill one side of your sink and plunge.
- Run hot and cold water at full pressure when using your garbage disposal.
- After doing your garbage disposal, fill your sink up and then drain it.
- Use your dishwasher only after you’ve done your garbage disposal.
- Clean the aerator on your sink by soaking it in a solution of water and vinegar.
- Throw coffee grounds down your drain.
- Use lye drain cleaners.
- Put a shelf above your toilet with little objects on it. That could make them more likely to fall in.
- Pour hot water down your toilet. The hot water can cause the bowl to crack.
- Flush disposable diapers or flushable wipes down the toilet.
There’s a WHOLE LOT more Dos and DON’Ts that you need to learn about, so you can talk to us and we can tell you all about them. These tips can help you avoid disaster and they can help you save money too. Contact the professionals if you are experiencing summer plumbing problems. We’ve got experienced and affordable plumbers in Ottawa. With just one call, we can help you solve your plumbing needs and offer you emergency plumbing services!