Aside from washing dishes and hands the kitchen sinks are a vital part of any Ottawa home kitchen. Currently, they come in a variety of sizes, materials, shapes and depth. When buying a sink consider the configuration, mounting options and materials the following will help you with making an informed decision.
There are several sizes of kitchen sinks but most people prefer a one-and-a-half or two-bowl setup with a drainer, this allows you to do more than one thing at the same time.
Be sure to look into the materials before you actually buy.
- Stainless-steel sinks are at the top when it comes to how easy it is to maintain, affordability and practicality but being a more modern sink they may not fit in with a kitchen setting that is traditional.
- Ceramic sinks look great but bear in mind that the stain and scratch quite easily, investing in a sink mat would be a good idea.
- Stone composites are very strong and extremely hygienic because it’s nonporous. You also have a wide range of color choices.
- Synthetic sinks are probably the most sensible choice because they are affordable, durable and come in many different colors.
Inset or under mounted?
- Under mounted sinks don’t have drainers and are connected underneath the worktop, so you savvy look with more workspace. Since you can’t seal the edges of the cut out, they’re not the best sinks to use with laminated surfaces.
- Inset or drop-in sinks fit quite easily especially with wooden surfaces. For the sink cut out, any other surface like slate & granite would have to be templated.
If you are renovating and choosing a kitchen sink, we want to wish you luck in your hunt for the perfect sink for your kitchen.
If you are experiencing any trouble with your kitchen sink or your plumbing then give us a call and we can help you with all of your plumbing service needs and leak fixes for your kitchen sink issues. Are you finding that your drain is clogged or taking a long time to drain out? We can help with this too and we even provide emergency plumbing services in Ottawa too for those times that you need a plumber right away.