Any clog is frustrating. It inconveniences you and it can gross you out (especially when you wonder what yucky, grimy stuff is down there). There are ways of unclogging a toilet that don’t involve a plumber or difficult DIY tools and techniques. It’s simple, it’s easy – it’s baking soda and vinegar. These products are used together for many cleaning purposes, including unclogging sink drains. We’re going to show you how you can use it to unclog your toilet too.
- You need to figure out how bad the clog is. Minor clogs require that you just use the full measurement of baking soda and vinegar all at once. Major clogs require that you begin with smaller amounts so that you don’t have an overflow.
- You need to pour the full amount of baking soda into the toilet if the clog is minor or you need to pour a quarter cup to half cup of baking soda into the toilet if the clog is major.
- Time to pour the vinegar in. Use the same measurement for the vinegar as you used for the baking soda. It will start working as soon as you pour it in. Give it a while to work.
- Pour a kettle of hot water into the toilet and you’ll see if the clog has been dislodged.
- If it has been, you would notice that the toilet makes a suction sound and the bowl drains automatically.
- Flush it once again to clean out the bowl completely.
We hope this works, but if it doesn’t that means it’s time to call a plumber. We’re plumbers who care about all aspects of the well-being of your family and your home. Contact the professionals if you need help with plumbing problems or more. We’ve got experienced and affordable plumbers in Ottawa. With just one call, we can help you solve your plumbing needs and offer you emergency plumbing services!